How to Reset Dell Windows 7/Vista/XP Password
Dell laptop especially two famous brands as Latitude and Inspiron were known to lots of people. Usually we can use different passwords to protect our Dell laptop. Such as: the Hard drive password (master and user), the Supervisor password (Bios password), the Power-on password, and the Operating System Password.
This article describes three methods to complete dell laptop password recovery in Windows operating system such as Windows 7/Vista/XP, reset dell password without lose anything. From now on, you don’t need to worry about:
1. What can I do when forgot dell admin password?
2. How to reset dell laptop password if I lost dell password or my dell password is expired?
3. I have bought an old dell laptop but did not know the Windows password.
Commonly, we can try three great solutions to reset dell password when we forgot dell password. Take it easy, have a cup of coffee and begin.
Solution 1: Reset dell password by another account with admin privileges.
1. Login dell laptop as administrator when you want to reset a forgotten user password.
2. Click “start” and select “control panel”, click user accounts and click “Manage another account” to access the user account which you want to reset its password. If you’re prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click “change the password” and type your new password, type your new password again to confirm it, and then Click “OK” to complete dell laptop password reset.
Solution 2: Reset dell Windows password with Windows password reset disk.
Usually we can create a Windows password reset disk in Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP. This is a great gift given by Microsoft that we can use it to reset a lost dell password instantly and it is free. Of course, the password reset disk was created for a certain account password, you must create a new one when you change the password. Now let us start resetting dell admin password for step-by-step. Here we take Windows 7 password reset disk for example:
If you ready have a reset disk, please follow steps below:
Step1: Start/restart your computer, insert a blank USB drive. In the welcome screen, press ctrl+alt+delete twice, get into the log on box. Then type the user name that you want to use and a wrong password or leave it blank, then press ENTER or click OK. It will show you logon failed and there is a password hint “reset password”.
Step2: Click “Reset password” it will show you the “Password Reset Wizard”. Click “Next” to continue.
Step 3: Choose the disk which you just inserted, click “Next”.
Step 4: Type a new password in the Type a new password box, and then type the password again to confirm it. In the Type a new password hint box, type a hint for the password or not, and then click “Next→Finish”.
Step 5: Try to log on to Windows 7 again when use the new password you just set.
Solution 3: Use professional password recovery tool to recover dell password.
If the two solutions cannot help you reset forgotten dell laptop password, no matter what your dell Windows system is Windows 7/vista/XP. Do not worry, we can use dell password recovery tool to complete this task. Windows Password Rescuer is designed for resetting dell Windows 7/vista/XP password. What you should do is prepare a bootable CD/DVD or USB drive and a computer you have access to. Follow four steps help you reset dell windows password without lose anything:
Note: You also can use Windows Password Rescuer to reset Windows 2008/2003/2000 local or domain password easily by these steps on dell computer.
Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Rescuer on another computer you have access to.
Step 2: Run the software to create a Windows password recovery disk. You just need to burn it to a blank CD/DVD or USB drive.
Step 3: Insert the Windows password recovery disk to your dell laptop or dell computer, and set the computer boot from the password recovery disk by BIOS setting.
If you have trouble in BIOS setting, refer to:
How to set computer boot from CD/DVD.
How to set computer boot from USB drive.
Step 4: After boot from the password recovery disk, Windows Password Rescuer will start up and display a friendly operating window. Then you can reset whichever account password of your dell computer just by a few clicks.
You also can use Windows Password Rescuer to create a new user with administrator privileges for your dell OEM Windows without login. With this new user, you can login your dell computer directly and access control panel to reset other user password. Note that if you use this function to stole other people’s computer data you will be punished by law. If you are using Dell Computer with Windows 2008/2003/2000 as a server, you can use Windows Password Rescuer Advanced edition to recover Windows domain password when you lost password.
Leave a Reply
- Laptop Password Reset (4)
- Manage Windows User Account (8)
- Office Password Recovery (3)
- Windows Password Recovery (38)
- How to Reset Laptop Password Windows 7 September 26, 2012 lionsxu
- How to Break Windows XP Password in Safe Mode September 20, 2012 lionsxu
- Forgot Windows 8 Administrator Password September 20, 2012 lionsxu
- Hack Windows 7 Password By Youself August 2, 2012 lionsxu
- Locked Out of Windows 7/Vista/XP – How to Bypass Windows Password July 19, 2012 lionsxu
- How to Recover RAR Password Easily July 17, 2012 lionsxu
- How to Create A Multi-function Windows 7 Password Reset Disk July 5, 2012 lionsxu
- How to Create Windows 7 Password Reset Disk with USB July 5, 2012 lionsxu
- The Fastest Way to Reset Windows Domain Password June 28, 2012 lionsxu
- Crack Word Password – Three Essential Password Recovery Tools June 15, 2012 lionsxu